Why host a conference at your school?
The purpose of a Conference is twofold:
- To deliver tailor-made conferences over 1-2 days.
- To raise funds for and awareness of multiple sclerosis.
There are many reasons why it is better to have a conference at your school than attend a jam-packed one in London, Birmingham, etc..
We simply list the first ten that spring to mind:
- YOU can find out about the speaker – in detail. Testimonials are listed on the site and several schools are featured. Why not telephone them and find out how the conference went?
- YOU control the topics to be covered. None of this ‘amass 1000 people in a hall and cover ‘exam technique’ when the audience includes candidates sitting a variety of boards’ nonsense. The only beneficiary of this approach is the provider’s bank account! YOU decide the topics. YOU decide who the audience will be.
- Date and time. This is arranged by negotiation. The chances are the first date ‘booked’ by you/your school will be met.
- Costs. Work it out. Mileage and charity donation compared to the costs of shepherding your class to a conference off-site. Cover; administration; travelling costs; seminar/conference tickets….
- Flexibility. In recent years conferences scheduled to finish at 4pm actually finished at 10pm. There is no time limit for these one-day conferences! That doesn’t happen elsewhere!
- Occasionally we bring along TWO speakers instead of just one. This means that the audience can be split and two groups can work separately. Of course, no extra fee.
- The calibre of the speaker. Yes, of course, there are other good conference speakers around – but how many have been to over 100 schools? How many are equally at home in a variety of syllabuses – and subjects?
- Freebies. Often at conferences we bring along free copies of just-released textbooks and/or manuals.
- Range of subjects. It is quite feasible for a one day conference to cover: A2 Business Studies a.m.; A2 Economics during lunchtime; GCSE Business in the afternoon; INSET for teachers 4-6. This way you book several conferences in one!
- The entire fee goes to help those disabled by Multiple Sclerosis. Pupils attending will know where the money is going – and why.