What Does The Conference Include?
- A full one-day conference starting at 9.00 am and finishing at your convenience.
- A case study written for that day, not recycled lecture notes from other conferences.
- Remember: these conferences are tailor-made. Every resource is unique and is created for YOUR pupils at YOUR school.
- The fee for all this is £360 – or 65p a mile + £60 to charity – whichever is the lower. The minimum fee is £120 (+ the £60 to charity)
- £60 goes to the the MS Society which makes the fee approximately the same as a supply teacher but with an open-ended finishing time!
From 2009: “We pay the agency £200 a day for supply teachers – that’s the bare minimum you should charge!” – Larry Broomhead, Head of Business Studies at London Nautical School.
An Example Conference
- 9.00 – 10.00 Case study written for your school
- 10.00 – 12.00 Year 13 financial analysis/case study work
- 12.15 – 12.45 10 minute tutorials with year 13 on pre-arranged topics
- 12.45 – 13.30 Briefing with Business Studies teachers
- 13.30 – 15.30 Year 12 – the external environment
- 15.30 – 16.30 Years 12 & 13 – current government policy
- 16.30 onwards Open question & answer session (volunteers only)
Note: Depending on distance we may ask for your help in finding overnight accommodation to ensure a bright start at 9am.